Overview and pre-requisites for the Azure infrastructure workshop.
This workshop walks the user through a scenario where a fictional organisation (Contoso) has migrated a number of resources to Azure. This migrated environment has not been secured correctly - the lab will walk through the application of a number of security best practices.
- Deploy the security lab environment
- Explore Azure Security Center
- Securing Azure storage
- Securing Azure networking
- Applying “just in time” access to VMs
- Encrypting virtual machines
- Securing Azure SQL databases
- Applying Privileged Identity Management (PIM)
The workshop requires the following:
- Azure Subscription
If your workshop is being hosted by a Microsoft Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) then you will be provided with a code for an Azure Pass subscription
If you will be using you own subscription (e.g. Visual Studio Enterprise), you will need the ability to create users and groups in the associated Azure Active Directory tenant.
- Office 365 / EMS License
- Your subscription will need to be licensed for Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility and Security; details on how to sign up for a free trial are provided in the main lab guide.
Azure Infrastructure Security Workshop
The main Azure security workshop guide may be found here: https://github.com/Araffe/azure-security-lab.